Rising visitor numbers at MedFEL 2017
Welcoming a grand total of 6,362 visitors, a 4% increase over the previous year, MedFEL 2017 fully met its targets. The 250 exhibitors and 120 international buyers recruited by Sud de France Développement brought fresh dynamism to this ninth edition, generating more than 5,000 B2B meetings.
From 25th to 27th April, Perpignan became the Mediterranean's agricultural capital when it hosted MedFEL, the only international fruit and vegetable event taking place in France. Organised by the Occitanie / Pyrénées-Méditerranée Regional Council and enjoying the high patronage of the French Ministry of Agriculture, Agrifood and Forestry for the sixth consecutive year, MedFEL 2017 shone the spotlight on the organic sector and SIQO (quality and origin identification labels)... a strategy that went down well with all the visiting professionals.
Innovation took centre stage at MedFEL 2017 with the very first edition of the Challenge FEL’INNOV by MedFEL. This was a competition aiming to find solutions designed to improve the performance of farming operations and companies working in the fruit and vegetable sector. On the MedFEL TV podium, a panel of “fruit and vegetable” and “scientific” experts selected the most innovative solution following presentations delivered in a speed demo format. These solutions were classified into two categories:
- Smart farming from the field and throughout the logistics chain
The winner: Agrishare for its WeFarmUp solution (based in the Haute-Garonne region)
- Biocontrol and sustainable crop protection
The winner: Nimaplants for its Aphid Protect solution (based in the Gard region)
The Public’s Favourite: Portuguese company Asfert Global for its Kiplant Immass solution
- Salad is the star: over 29 salad professionals, two conferences specially dedicated to the product and a dedicated pavilion.
- 6122 visitors (i.e. an extra 5% when compared to the visitors in 2014)
- medFEL's hallmark: B2B meetings organised between producers and buyers from 54 countries were one again a resounding success
- The organic sector is increasingly represented with 49 companies
- 246 exhibitors with over 30 transport and logistics companies and over 42 technical service providers
- Over 100 VIP international buyers from all four corners of the globe, including Algeria, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, the UAE, Spain, Israel, Italy, Kuwait, Netherlands, Portugal, Qatar, Sweden and the Czech Republic
- 13 conferences and harvest forecasts led by internationally renowned experts
- The Apple is the star of our yellow edition: over 42 apple professionals, two conferences specially dedicated to the product and a pavilion presenting every imported and exported apple variety.
- 5855 visitors (i.e. an extra 10% when compared to the 5315 visitors in 2014)
- 1615 foreign visitors (i.e. 27.5%)
- 5632 B2B meetings organised between producers and buyers (i.e. an extra 29% compared to the 4538 meetings in 2014)
- Creation and successful launch of the MedFEL Tech gathering more than 50 companies specialising in packaging, graders, fertilisers, seedlings, machines, water treatment, etc.
- 240 fresh fruit and vegetable producers, transporters and logistics companies from the Mediterranean
- An increasingly represented organic trade (35 companies)
- 148 VIP international buyers from around the world including India, Vietnam, Peru, Kenya, the Ivory Coast, Senegal, Tunisia, Bahrain, Dubai, Russia, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Spain and Portugal
- 10 conferences and harvest forecasts led by internationally renowned experts
For more information:
Sud de France Développement
Tel: +33 (0)4 99 64 29 36
Sud de France Développement
Tel: +33 (0)4 99 64 29 30
Tel: +33 (0)1 41 86 41 27