An extra special 2018 edition since medFEL is celebrating no fewer than three anniversaries this year: -The 10-year anniversary of MedFEL, the 20-year anniversary of the CMO and the 30-year anniversary of Europech'
Europech’ which, every year, issues its traditional European harvest forecasts for peaches, nectarines, apricots and melons is celebrating its 30th anniversary. Over the years, Europech’ has extended its crop forecasts to include other summer fruits.
The Fruit and Vegetable Common Market Organisation (CMO) is celebrating its 20th anniversary. ...An opportunity for medFEL to take stock and discuss with a panel of political and professional figures the future of this regulatory body, which was created to organise the sector and help regulate markets based on a set of principles:
- Concentrate supply via producer organisations (PO) using enhanced tools
- Make production more market oriented, by ensuring products are more competitive and tailoring them to market expectations and customer preferences.
- Improve producers’ ability to manage crises
- Develop environmentally-friendly practices
- Encourage fruit and vegetable consumption and make them more accessible.
MedFEL is already in its tenth edition. The event, which has grown tremendously, is now the only international gathering of the fruit and vegetable industry held in France.